Rheumatology at CNOS
Rheumatic diseases can be treated with proper diagnosis and therapy. When muscle and joint pain are not resolved on their own, additional evaluations and care may be needed. CNOS physicians are here to provide specialty treatment services for the following:
Joint, arthritis & inflammation pain relief from caring experts
When inflammation or arthritis impacts your joints, muscles, or bones, it’s time to see a rheumatologist. Our experts deliver the finest care and advanced treatment for a wide range of conditions. From therapy to surgery, we provide relief.
Our team of local rheumatologists will help you achieve pain relief, movement restoration, and disease remission.
Joint Pain & Swelling
Joint pain and swelling can keep you from moving as you would like to. We provide medication for conditions such as gout and pseudogout–both of which can cause joint inflammation resulting in pain and discomfort.
Other conditions, like hypermobile joints, cannot be cured completely. But with the right therapy and care from CNOS, these conditions can be more manageable as we help keep you moving.
Arthritis comes in many forms, but all types of arthritis can cause chronic pain and discomfort. If you are in need of rheumatoid arthritis management, our caring physicians understand your pain–and use the most advanced methods to treat it.
- Our interdisciplinary team will provide the medication, therapy and self-care recommendations for conditions including:
- Osteoarthritis: the most common form, affecting cartilage
- Rheumatoid and juvenile joint rheumatoid arthritis: affects joints but can damage body systems such as skin, eyes, lungs, heart and blood vessels
- Septic arthritis: joint infection
- Ankylosing spondylitis: primarily affecting the spine and spinal joints (vertebrae)
Arthritis can affect your cartilage, organs, joints, and overall quality of life. CNOS rheumatologists are here to help you improve your health.
Factors like stress can cause muscle pain, stiffness, and discomfort. If you’re feeling chronic muscle pain, our rheumatologists can help.
Fibromyalgia is a widespread musculoskeletal pain that is often accompanied by fatigue, tenderness, and altered sleep, memory, and mood. An expert team at CNOS is prepared to help you improve these conditions through medication and therapy, as well as offering suggestions for reducing the stress that may be causing your condition.
Polymyalgia rheumatica is a similar inflammatory condition that causes muscle pain and stiffness, most often in the shoulders. Treatments are usually simple and, although they can last for a few years, can help you feel better after only a few days.
An uncommon disease known as polymyositis causes muscle weakness on both sides of the body. With this condition, you might have trouble climbing stairs or lifting objects overhead. We’ll take a complete look at your symptoms and start treating them accordingly.
Immune System Disorders
Autoimmune diseases cause the immune system to mistakenly attack healthy body cells. These diseases can impact many different body systems, and each one should be evaluated and treated by a highly trained specialist.
- Lupus: The immune system attacks the body’s tissues and organs. Resulting inflammation can also impact joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, brain, heart and lungs.
- Sjogren’s Syndrome: Affects the cells that produce saliva and tears. Often occurs with conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
- Scleroderma: A rare condition that hardens and tightens the connective tissues and skin.
- Wegener’s granulomatosis: Affects the ears, nose, throat, lungs, and kidneys. May cause damage to organs and tissues due to reduced blood flow.
At CNOS, we’ll use every resource—from expert physicians to personalized care—to help improve your condition.
Other Rheumatic Conditions
Our rheumatology experts can help these and other conditions, including rare diseases such as amyloidosis. Anything that affects your quality of life is something we are prepared to treat.
Start the conversation with our rheumatologist today, and we will start you on the path to healing
Request an appointment now at one of our local clinics near you by calling 605-217-2667.
CNOS Rheumatology Clinic Locations
The following CNOS clinics offer rheumatology care in communities throughout Siouxland. Find a clinic near you to visit with a rheumatologist.