Athletic Training Services at CNOS
The amazing team of athletic trainers at CNOS provide preventative care, treatment, and rehabilitation of sports injuries to athletes at the high school and college level all around Siouxland and beyond. Our athletic trainers work with athletes to not only help prevent injuries, but rehab injuries and provide a game plan for getting athletes back to game-ready status. They provide ATC coverage of games where necessary, documenting injuries and communicating with CNOS physicians and therapists on the care of these athletes.
These athletic trainers play a vital role in the success of our young athletes and truly are proud of their role, wherever they may be out in the community.
Check out our career page
APPLY TODAY TO BECOME AN ATHLETIC TRAINER!
Health and Dental Insurance, 401K, Licensure & Certification Reimbursement, and Extra Coverage/Pay Opportunities are just the few of the benefits included!
High Schools We Serve
Did you know that CNOS has an athletic trainer at every high school in the Sioux City metro area? We have 15 full-time athletic trainers serving the Sioux City metro area and another 10 part time trainers covering multiple schools across the tri-state area. Check out the drop downs below to see all the high schools we serve in the area!
- Sioux City East
- Sioux City West
- Sioux City North
- Bishop Heelan
- Lawton – Bronson
- Woodbury Central
- Kingsley – Pierson
- Sergeant Bluff – Luton
- Maple Valley Anton – Oto
- Fort Dodge St. Edmonds High Schools
- South Sioux City
- Emerson Hubbard – Allen
- Laurel Concorde
- Elk Point – Jefferson
- Dakota Valley
Colleges & Universities We Serve
Along with the variety of high schools we serve in the tri-state region, CNOS also proudly provides athletic trainers and other athletic training support to several colleges in the Siouxland region. Morningside University, Briar Cliff University, Iowa Central Community College, and Northwestern College are included in that group.
More About Our Athletic Trainers
In addition to working with area high school and college athletes, our athletic training team has an important hand in many of our other services offered at CNOS. Learn a little bit about each below:
Free Sports Injury Screenings
It is very important to us to be available to our athlete’s in case of an injury. Our FREE Sports Injury Screenings offer this availability year round at various CNOS Clinic locations. We also offer these screenings and extended hours to Saturday during the Fall Sports Season through Oct. 21st.
- FREE Sports Injury Screenings are offered year round at our Dakota Dunes, Northside, and Sunnybrook Clinic locations.
- FREE Fall Saturday Morning Sports Injury Screenings offered at our Dakota Dunes Clinic ONLY (7:00am – 9:30am) through October 21st.
- Evaluation from one of our Athletic Trainers at no cost to you!
- If referred to an Orthopaedic Physician at CNOS, or your appointment includes imaging or other services, your insurance will be billed.
CNOS Concussion Clinic
Led by Tyson Allen, Physican Assistant and Amanda Lauer, Physical Therapist, our multi-disciplinary team of concussion experts at CNOS are here to ensure each athlete recieves timely care and can safely return to sport. Our Concussion Clinic is dedicated to assess any health challenege an athlete may be facing.
- Our Concussion Clinic is offered at our Dakota Dunes Clinic location ONLY
- Monday – Friday from 7:00am – 9:00am
- No appointment necessary, walk-ins welcome
- We offer COBALT Testing (Concussion Balance Test) which utilizes a force plate to perform baseline assessments in order to determine and athlete’s readiness to return to his/her sport.
- Learn more about our Concussion Clinic here: Concussion Clinic Brochure
Our Athletic Trainers in the Community
Helping out our sports teams in Siouxland is something we take great pride in here at CNOS. That’s why you will find our athletic trainers and sports medicine doctors at most sporting events around town. We know that keeping our athletes healthy not only at the high school and college level, but also on the professional level, is important to not only us but our community as well.
CNOS is on the sidelines when we are needed most. We are the official athletic training providers to all of the local teams and organizations below and the team doctors for most of these teams as well: